Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run across a 65 Falcon 2 Dr 'C' code wagon. The owner sent me this info.

1965 Ford Falcon 2-door, 289 CID V8 Station Wagon
· Rare original 2-door V8 – this is not a V8 conversion!!
· Western car, original unmolested condition
· Complete
· 289 CID V8 – starts easily, runs well for a 46 year old car
· Automatic transmission
· Needs restoration, but a complete original car
· Rear floor pans need repair/replacement
· Dash radio area has been cut, but repair panel can be provided
· Includes new Drake Automotive headliner and several new items (glove box liner, pedal pad, heater plenum, etc.).
· Tailgate was damaged and needed replacement – the pristine tailgate pictured in photos is included
· Very good tailgate glass included
· Wrap-around rear quarter glass is good
· Re-platable front and rear bumper “cores” included
· Good 1965 front grille (rare and hard to find!)

I have pictures that the owner sent also. Which I will post
Price is under $4000.00

Is this a good deal a bargin or average? I know they only made 4891 2 dr wagons and who knows how many were 'C' Code cars.

Thanks in advance for your opinions
Kelly

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
That seems like a very fair price to me!! I paid $2000 for a 65 roller,ex 6 cylinder auto with a crunched[repairable] quarter and rotten floors!!!! ROY.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Shadylane,

I, myself am selling a '65 falcon 2 door wagon for $4k to a gentlemen up in NY. They are very much worth it and what ever vision you have for the wagon will be unique indeed. Mine is also an original "C" Code 289 with air, luggage rack, deluxe wheel covers, Sun X tinted glass, etc. Ford only made 4891 of them in '65 and of that # 10% were original v8's. Wagons are finally getting more respect and will be HIGHLY collectible in the future. You will be the only one driving one in your area I can guarantee it!

·
Registered
698 Posts
On the surface in todays economy its a fair price.
I got my 63' 4dr wagon some years ago right before the economy tanked. and I paid way more than that. Over the years I have seen wagons attempt to reach $15K even on tv auctions for near perfect car and not hit it. But if she is a surviver and no hidden problems she is worth 4K. You could park it in a shelteed enviornment and make money in a few years when the economy turns. To give you some idea, I have seen RUST BUCKETS sale for that a few years ago.

Just give it a good once over, look at the pans and other common rust areas.. The roofline/drip rail area is notorious for rust. Also those rear picture windows tend to leak. New seals can be had..

It appears to be missing the rear bumper.. But not to difficult to find a replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts