Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I am done with school, I have been working a lot lately, like 50 plus hours a week. Plus my boss says he'll give me a manager position if I cut my dreads off. I am going to get it cut this week on my day off. I am also moving back in with my parents. Anyway, my point is that I have enough money and will be getting more and saving more, to buy another car.

Here's my question. What do you guys recommend as a project car? Here's the critiera.

1966 or older, for emissions exempt.
Has to fit a big block in it.
Has to be a Ford.
I was thinking maybe a Falcon?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would go for a 66 Fairlane, you can fit any motor you what in it. And there pretty good lookin to.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking this more in depth. And a small block in a small car would work too. Maybe another 347? Or even swap the 347 from my Fairlane into another car.

I saw a 65 Falcon futura with a 6 cyl for sale a few days ago. They wanted $800 for it. Naturally it was a piece od **** with that price, but like I said before. It's gonna be a project car.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I'm thinking....... '57 Ranch Wagon, mild 466, ac/ps/pb...possibly even DFI. Trying to buy a '56 from a local guy for the wife.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
So 66Fairlane, how do you like your GT? There's a '67 GTA convertible for sale near me that I'm almost considering buying. Has the 390, in pretty good shape overall. Minor rust spots in all the usual places. I suspect these cars should haul ass, right? I'd have to sell the Torino as I haven't got room for 2 toys. Any clue what market value is on these?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Shep927, once you go 66 Fairlane you will never go back
Ok maybe not. I like it a lot. My car does haul a$$, I got all my chevy friend scare to race me. I dont no why, its all stock, and all there motor are mod out. Alway, I would run the number on the car first, Make sure its a real GTA. and check casting number on the heads, block,intake. If it all looks good the car should go for no more then $4500. Igot my for $3500, with a rebuilt motor/trans. and new inter. but the guy that sold it to me replace the toploader with a c6. and didnt have toploader anymore. but it still fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Goimg back on Tuesday and get the numbers off the car. Engine has the 390 chrome air cleaner and vc, like the real 390/320HP should have, decals amd insignia are all correct as well. VIN and door tag will tell the real story though. Quick research shows only around 2000 or so of the GTA convertibles ever produced, so I'm gonna be real careful.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Well, the Fairlane GTA convertible checks out. It's numbers match. Unfortunately the dealer knows that, too. Asking price is $12,995. Hey Rod, it's a beauty if you can afford it. Bright red, new white top, new seats and carpet, 390/320HP. C6, column shift and 3.25 gears. I'd go for it myself, but I'd be singing soprano after the wife got through with me!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i'll sell you a 99 cougar... hell i'll even move in with you and help you build it! think of it... we can redo the floorpan.... the handle .... oh what the heck why not a t56 six speed... we can mate it up to a .... uh.. how bout a twice turboed 460?? eh?? tubs.... narrowed 9inch.. how bout some 15x3's up front? 15x15's in back?? COME ON!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts