Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now it's my turn to stir the pot.

How much HP/TQ does everyone think Chilly408's engine's gonna produce today on the dyno?

(remember 408 stroker)........

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Was it the one with 10 to 1 compression, AFR 205 heads, and 242/250 hyd roller?

If so, I'd guess around 540 horsepower at around 5900 rpm if it has plenty of carb, intake, exhaust, and has had good attention to detail and proper tuning.

Don't forget to watch celebrity boxing tonight.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CONGRATULATIONS, CHILLY!!!!!!!
Excellent numbers!
That capri won't know whether to **** or get off the pot!
I just hope you can get her hooked up enough to enjoy the G forces that ALL that torque is gonna plant on your backside!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drag79stang on 7/26/02 6:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hope you put frame stiffeners on it. Your gonna pretzel that thing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hope you put frame stiffeners on it. Your gonna pretzel that thing.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
OK, OK, cough up the combination. I know the 205's and 10.5 to 1 compression, but what's the rest? How streetable is this thing going to be? Here is the big question, What was the build cost?

I know I'm beein' a nosey basterd, but you guys are making me re-think the idea of stroking my little peanut motor and starting from scratch with a 351.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
$8600, ouch! I remember why I'm gonna work the peanut motor over. I've got too much money invested in it anyway. Damn, 500ft/trq sure could put a smile on your face though.
Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, like YOURS isn't a serious motor.
That kind of power and torque numbers would (like someone else so elloquently stated), twist them in half.
That's going to be a handful on the street, and on the track! (but it sure should be fun!!!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope you've got at least a 6al unit in it. I think you're going to be up against the rev limiter plenty when the tires get a taste of that power!!!!!
Get a couple of videos of John Force racing so you can practice his 'punch/lift/punch/lift' expertise!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (insert a couple of oh unh, ohs) here, and a wheeeew.......)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Good job Chilly! If your going to drive it much on the street, I'd stick a set of 3.73's in it. Call Kris at Continental Converters and have him whip up a tight 10in. converter for you.
My 375 has the short block done. I bought the Victor Jr., and the MSD dist. I only need the carb and pushrods to finish.
How much did the dyno thrash cost?
Some friendly advice, take extra shorts with you the first time out to the track!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ok,Ok, me and my peanut motor are going back to the porch. Too many big dogs in this pack.
Yea, I know what you mean chilly. Non of my current parts that will transfer to a 351 will support 500hp, so it would have to be a total scratch engine for me. I'll just have to learn to live with my motor inadequacy.
At least I can buy an ass load of chrome for it and make it look nice. And then there is.... NOS!!!
I'm going to see how the F/M boys do with this 331 they are building. My current parts should support a 302 based stroker motor.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Chilly

congrats man...that thing is awesome.
were/what valve covers are those?
Is that the "tall" MSD dist for the vic jr app?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ah yes, the grass is always greener.
I'll be happy to rip off a 12 second pass with this build. It's real close to project 11.99. The cars still in street gears tho. (3:89's) I really like to drive my rides on the street, but I can't wait till spring to go to the track and make a couple of passes. It's been a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts