Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Xracer... You do realize that NONE of the 100 T-bolts were delivered.

They were all to be Picked up at the assembly factory...

I got a call from a guy in the Sacramento area yesterday, he found it and is going to inspect it today and buy it if everything about it is genuine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think that was just the group 1 cars, which were the first 11 made.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bill Ireland T-bolt is long gone..... Bill sold it to Gary Wanless in Vancouver BC Canada. car was sponsered by Mclellan Motors in New West BC. Gary altered the wheelbase (alot) and stretched the front end. Sometime in late 1966? Gary installed a tube chassis and cut the body off and made it into a 1967 Cougar funny car. Body was given away to "some kids" or destroyed. Car is destroyed/scrapped. see link to my post on the HAMB forum

Features - Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted | Page 128 | The H.A.M.B.

you can also see other pictures here. along with the ex #5 Les Ritchey car that also came up to Vancouver BC Canada. Car has not surfaced since the late 60's.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Bill Ireland T-bolt is long gone..... Bill sold it to Gary Wanless in Vancouver BC Canada. car was sponsered by Mclellan Motors in New West BC. Gary altered the wheelbase (alot) and stretched the front end. Sometime in 1966? Gary installed a tube chassis and cut the body off and made it into a 1967 Cougar funny car. Body was given away to "some kids" or destroyed. Car is destroyed/scrapped. see link to my post on the HAMB forum

you can also see other pictures here. along with the #5 Les Ritchey car that also came up to Vancouver BC Canada. Car has not surfaced since the late 60's.

That's a nice Fairlane you have, was it in Car Craft last year?

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to the man that called from the Sacramento area it's supposed to be the real deal.
Papers form the original sale and proper vin numbers... All stripped and primered and ready for reassembly.

I guess time will tell, I told him where the vin's were and other things that identify a true T-bolt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Unless he has a bill of sale from Gary Wanless, I doubt it's the Bill Ireland car. We'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Any updates?

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
It says he sold the body ( what was left of it) to local guys and didn't surface again. Who knows maybe they put it back together with another Fairlane?

Chances are it is long gone though or sitting in a Barn somewhere.

It's a shame what he did to it. But that's what they did back then. And guys still cutting them up like that. That's their thing though.

John,
I was driving my 64 Fairlane to work one day several years ago. T-Bolt hood on it. And a older guy pulled up next to me said he had a real one at home. I couldn't stop to talk. But do you know of any cars around Indianapolis still?

Jet

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think some people buy a 64 with a teardrop hood and believe it to be a tbolt without realizing how rare these cars are and can't be had for 15k. Happened on Facebook not too long ago. I think it was a hardtop too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It says he sold the body ( what was left of it) to local guys and didn't surface again. Who knows maybe they put it back together with another Fairlane?

Chances are it is long gone though or sitting in a Barn somewhere.

It's a shame what he did to it. But that's what they did back then. And guys still cutting them up like that. That's their thing though.

John,
I was driving my 64 Fairlane to work one day several years ago. T-Bolt hood on it. And a older guy pulled up next to me said he had a real one at home. I couldn't stop to talk. But do you know of any cars around Indianapolis still?

Jet
Jet
Even if someone went through the effort to piece back the shell (which I highly doubt) it would be a re bodied car. Nothing original to the car except the skin. The inner fenders with the VIN numbers were scrapped way before the shell was removed and sold. The engine and transmission were sold separate. The rear axle assembly stayed with with the tube frame and cougar body.

In have no idea if there are any T-Bolts in the Indianapolis area

1 - 20 of 52 Posts