Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
By the end of 66 they were outdated race cars, and what is that worth to a racer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I think I am the guy that talked to FE. I have seen the car. It is all in pieces with restoration started. The vin starts 4f41k so could this be a gennie or maybe a clone?

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well there you are!

You saw it, good. Did the car have ALL the details I asked you about, the VIN number Run being in that specific range, and the cut rear of the Rockers, the Absence of ANY seam sealer at any joint on the car anywhere?
Sand blasting will not remove it all, it's gotta be removed by hand if it's a clone, and there will be signs of scraping etc...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I think I am the guy that talked to FE. I have seen the car. It is all in pieces with restoration started. The vin starts 4f41k so could this be a gennie or maybe a clone?
Tbolter

Check your PM (private message)

John

·
Registered
136 Posts
I thought a "K" code was a 289 Hi-Po?
Yes , for the Fairlane "K" is a hipo 289. The first 11 T-Bolts were complete 289 hipo cars sent to DST and then modified. The remaining 89 were sent from Ford incomplete. They still retained the K in the VIN.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Front aprons were modified so the left hand inner headlight air duct would clear the apron.

Shock towers notched.

Hole behind the spring tower may be for fenderwell header exit?

Looks like a red primer to me.

Lets see some more pics!

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You're right Jet, that makes sense.

I'd still go over it where all the factory seam sealer would have been , it's Extremely time consuming to hid the fact that there was some even with sand blasting or chemical dipping the entire body.

My eyes, as blind as I'm becoming miss very little where human hands have been in contact with a car...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well more info is coming out on this. The current owner says he bought it from a guy that had it under a tarp and reallyit was not the thing he had traveled to Oregon to purchase. He only bought it after seeing it.
It was trashed up with a lot of rear body damage. The front axle was a straight axle with leaf springs. The rear was an Olds. He got a donner car and started on resto. He remembers the name of the guy that had it, so I will try to get that so a backward trace can be attempted. Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Story is the car was purchased in rough shape from Corvalis Oregon. The owner at that time was Larry Laird. That was 15 years ago. Here is a picture of the vin. Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
T-bolts could have the inner fender cut out behind the shock towers for ventilation. There was a big concern about letting the hot air out and the two little screened openings in the back of the teardrop scoop weren't enough

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have been emailing with Mike back and forth and seen all the photos he supplied. Let's all keep in mind here when looking at any photos of what happened the the Ireland T-bolt. The car was hacked up in many stages from mid 66 to mid 1967, with photos documenting this. I have met with Gary Wanless personally. All the photos I have posted are directly from his personal photo album. The front fender aprons were removed in 66. The rest of the firewall, dash, floors, trunk, inner doors and inner rockers were cut out in mid 67. The body shell later removed.

The body shell pictured in red oxide primer is NOT a T-bolt let alone, Bill Ireland's T-bolt. The body is a plane jane (body code 31) and not a 500 (body code 41) model. There are many non T-bolt items wrong with his shell that I have already discussed with Mike. As for the VIN stamp on the apron, its clearly incorrect. Looks, hand stamped, depressions not deep enough, inconsistent between all the numbers. Incorrect 4 & 6 stamped used. Not the correct Ford type stamps. Incorrect spacing.. As I mentioned to Mike, the title may exist for the Ireland car, but that's not the body. There is no engine, no transmission and no original rear end assembly. What about the original fiberglass parts? The door tag that comes with the car is a repro and also incorrectly stamped.

All that is present is a piece a paper with the VIN#

Alot more documents and "before" photos are required to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
307 Posts
John, the plain Jane 64 Fairlane 2dr sedan is a body code 62-A like mine. Narrow side trim and shiny ss on the drip rails but none around the side windows.

500 sedans had shiny ss around the side windows and the wide side trim with a painted stripe with no brightwork ss on the drip rails

21 - 40 of 52 Posts