Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
John, the plain Jane 64 Fairlane 2dr sedan is a body code 62-A like mine. Narrow side trim and shiny ss on the drip rails but none around the side windows.

500 sedans had shiny ss around the side windows and the wide side trim with a painted stripe with no brightwork ss on the drip rails

Correct. So the VIN on a 62A will be 4F31.... and a 62B 500 model will be 4F41.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Actually John, my vin starts with 4R31.... (woot! I gots an R-code Fairlane!!!) Which really means nothing of note in 1964 since the placement of that R is not the engine, the vin reads 4R31T which designates a 300 inch six cylinder car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Actually John, my vin starts with 4R31.... (woot! I gots an R-code Fairlane!!!) Which really means nothing of note in 1964 since the placement of that R is not the engine, the vin reads 4R31T which designates a 300 inch six cylinder car.
haha R code....

I was referring to a T-Bolt VIN which all start as 4F41K... F being assembly plant Dearborn.

R= San Jose

·
Registered
136 Posts
FE

Whatever came of this?
No other with contact from T-bolter since we last spoke. Either he realizes the car is not legit or one day the car will surface once again claiming to be the "Ireland" T-bolt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.

I`m currently building me a T-bolt clone and have some question´s that I would be glad if some one could help me with,
Is any one now what 9-inc rear axle the use on the 1964 Ford Fairlane.
Was it from a Galaxie or some other Ford car?
Some one told me that they use the axle from 55-56.

The interior color is it the Palomino?

Sincerely
Kennet Christensen
Sweden

·
Registered
3 Posts
See my post on the HAMB forum about the ex Bill Ireland T-bolt. Once you see all the pictures (there's alot), you soon see that his T-bolt will not resurface again....

Features - Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted | Page 130 | The H.A.M.B.

read posts 3873 - 3878
I am Bill Ireland's only granddaughter an would love to see anything you have on him or his cars. He passed away from a lengthy battle with bone cancer in 1994 as all our family where there to be with him as he took his last breath.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It says he sold the body ( what was left of it) to local guys and didn't surface again. Who knows maybe they put it back together with another Fairlane?

Chances are it is long gone though or sitting in a Barn somewhere.

It's a shame what he did to it. But that's what they did back then. And guys still cutting them up like that. That's their thing though.

John,
I was driving my 64 Fairlane to work one day several years ago. T-Bolt hood on it. And a older guy pulled up next to me said he had a real one at home. I couldn't stop to talk. But do you know of any cars around Indianapolis still?

Jet
That might have been me...but mine is a "Baby Bolt. True 64.5 HiPo 289 sports coupe.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts