Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried unsucessfully for a few years trying to find out who recieved the 100 original Thunderbolts from Dearborn Tubing when they were first released to the public .You would think that would be easy" NOT." I mean there were only 100.of course we know of the famous ones like Gas Ronda,Hubert Platt,Bob Ford,Romy Hames,Les Ritchey,and a few others .Does anyone know where they all went ?Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the list somewhere.. I found it thru a listing on Ebay for M/T's hemi t-bolt when it was up for auction. Let me see if I can find it..

Charlie
midnightangelracing-com

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
I have already seen this site.They know of about 10-12 cars??Does any one know about a guy named Don (pig Farmer) Hawthorne? He brought a burgandy T-Bolt to Alton Ill. in Oct.63 when the Drags were ending for the season no lettering on it.made a few passes ,never saw it again.I heard later that Gateway Ford in St.Louis Mo. sponsored the car,they had a lightweight 631/2 that 2 guys owned named Fields and Wheeler.Thanks again

·
Subscriber
27 Posts
my gather sold his t-bolt just about a year ago this time. he had it for over 30 years. raced in the 70's in the super stock ranks. won 2 national events in the ss/c class with that car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
nazy crate t-bolt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John64 on 12/1/06 6:44am ]</font>

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dad had T Bolt # 43 ( or 47 , I cant remimber 25 years ago ) He had a salvage yard for mustangs ( about 200 ) and performance fords just out side of Austin Texas in the 70's. He had dozens of 427's mostly high risers and 2 sohc motors. He had the T bolt body ( less eng & tranny) I do remimber looking at the special plate on the inside of the glove box lid , the trunk lid that weighed a ton and the plesiglass rear window. If the story was right it set a state record in 1966 at 11.21 sec in the 1/4 mile.He sold it to friend for $2500 about 1983 when he sold every thing and moved out of state.

·
Registered
136 Posts
skwrl91lsc
can't remember which sites they are from. I save all T-bolt pics that I come across when surfing the net. Here's is another one:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Skwrl ol buddy your havin a hard time with FATHER first it was GATHER now FATER ???Ya alright?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think there is a guy named Craig Sutton that has a site dedicated to the T-Bolts. Do a google. I love these cars and they are rare to say the least , but how about a 1 of 1 T-Bolt The only 65 made ??? Anybody know the car??

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes the 65 T-Bolt was driven by Daryl Droke of downey Calif. Ford dealers.Later sold to Paul Harvey of Indy.427 SOHC was installed and raced in different classes .It is the only known true 65 T-Bolt by Ford.The 63 Bolt was not a Ford built Bolt ,yet built by Tasca Ford

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very Good boys. Yes the Tasca Ford was the independant mule that led to the 64 T-Bolt. Drokes 65 is a one and only....HOWEVER. A 1965 small block 289/271 car was also done and sent out to the west coast....Anybody want to make that guess???? Who drove it and it's sponsor

1 - 20 of 116 Posts