Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ah ...the nightmare continues,puttin,the dart 9.5 block together,ran into a timeing chain issue,when timing chain is on the chain is rubbing the block just above the crank on both sides,used a old throw down cloyes,fitts just fine,its a crane billet double roller 44984-1,looks as iff the cloyes crank sproket is .060 thicker and moves the chainaway from the block,so idont know what the hell is going on,what are you guys runnin with the darts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I do not have experience with dart blocks.

I did have a problem with a timing chain rubbing on the block after changing it out in a 302 motor. It seems late model and early 302 engines use different size timing chains.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I ran into the same problem once trying to install a RollMaster timing set for an older 302 onto a 5.0. To get the chain straight between the sprockets I made a shim to go behind the crank sprocket. I used a die grinder to relieve the block where the chain rubbed. Probably not the "proper" way to do it, but I had just spent a good bit of money on that full billet steel RollMaster timing set.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i spent the MONEY on a crane billet set,after talking to crane(no help at all) they said that all their stuff is reboxed a,d made by cloyes,well i found another cloyes set that i had in my 5.0 that ijust tore down and it also had a thick crank sproket but it had the 9 position index marks on them,the other cloyes only had three,so i used the crane cam sproket with thrust washer,the crane chain and the cloyes 9 pos crank sprocket,all the other chains were a little loose,well every thing clears and no binding so we will see,thanks for the repleys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts