Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 408w short block back,but ran into a few problems. First what kind of plug can i put in the dipstick hole on the timing cover? Can it be rubber push in type or what? It has no threads in the hole. Is there pressure in the cover or not? On my short block i bought a canton 7 quart pan that has the stick going in by the bottom of the pan past the main girdle and that is the one im going to use. Second on the cover it has a place for a crank trigger system which im not going to use ,but its in the way of putting my timing pointer on. Do they make a pointer that will go over that crank sensor part or do i need to grind some of it off to make my pointer work? Also i have a 71 maverick with no shock towers. It has coil overs on it , is there a company that sells off the shelf headers that will fit in my car? i need 1 3/4 or bigger. Really i dont know what size i need but i know they need to be bigger than what i got.
Thanks for any info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.