Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FordMuscle's new forum software allows you to attach images to your posts. This does not require that you have your image hosted on the internet nor does it require a FordMuscle subscription (even though we'd appreciate it if you supported the site).

Figure 1 - The "Manage Attachments" Button
When posting a reply or starting a new thread, simply click the "Manage Attachments" button shown in the screen below. You can upload a .jpg file (most common format) that is less than 195kb and no more that 1600 pixels wide. We've found that images around 500 pixels wide are just fine for viewing and also load fast. Your image or images will appear as clickable thumbnails at the bottom of your post.

Figure 2 - www.resizr.com
Need help downsizing or cropping your photos? There's no need to download software or unbundle the CD that came with your digital camera. Just go to the link above and browse your own computer, upload your photo, and use their simple interface to reduce the size of your image. This sample shows an image being reduced to a 500 pixel wide image. Again, that's an ideal size for forums usage. When done, you just save it to your own computer. Your image is now ready for attaching as explained in the section above.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cool Jon. I'll resize all my pictures to a maximum of 500 width in my paintshop or picture viewing utility before I upload them to fordmuscle or to photobucket or any internet web albums. That way my pictures won't slow down FordMuscle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
FatnFast.. How do you add a image to your signature?

Charlie

PS.. thanks for fixing my thread ( midnight angel 2) and posting it on the home page! :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Go to "my account" at the top of the page, then edit signature, and follow. Admin may have to approve it. I may be able to. But, it has to be like a small banner size. Get pic size from mine, It was approved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
When you post in "Makin' Progress" please make the gallery image 240x175. It will prevent your image on the main page from being too grainy looking. If you need assistance, feel free to contact me.
Thank You.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
This has happened to me a few times now. I write a huge reply and when I go to post it, it says Im not logged in and I lose all Ive written. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
This has happened to me a few times now. I write a huge reply and when I go to post it, it says I'm not logged in and I lose all Ive written. Very frustrating.
Indeed these forums log you out much faster than most.
My work-around is either:
  1. Click on "preview post" regularly so it sees you're still there.
  2. If it logs me out while I'm busy on the phone or something, log back in, then use your browser Back button to return 3 pages to your message page.
You could also rant to the Admin's to extend the log-out time to something more reasonable. I'm sure if you start a thread about it, many will join in with their griping.

David

·
Registered
10,301 Posts
I've never had a post or this site log me out.... Maybe your settings are needing a change...
Cool - you're the first person I've heard say that. Now if you could just tell me where to make those setting changes, as I have yet to find them. Then I'll start a thread telling everyone how to do it so they don't get kicked so quickly. Thanks for your help.

David

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Posting for dummies. I can resize my pics and save them in my computer with my program. So thats easy I think. How do you guys insert the larger picutures within your posts vice all thumbnails at the bottom?

Thanks Gydyup

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
First upload your picture to the web. via photobucket, your website or other picture hosting site. Once your picture is uploaded to the web(anywhere), it has an address so to speak. Example: photobucket.com/gydyup/pic1.jpg. To post your picture within the forum, place
at the end of your address. Do this in the text field of your post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts