Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there? I'm wanting to up date the wifes 63 futura convertible with better tires and rims. At present they are still stock 13" - 4 lug rims and stock wheel covers. I want to stay with the lug pattern but increase to a 14" wheel. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. BamaBrown

·
Registered
372 Posts
Anybody out there? I'm wanting to up date the wifes 63 futura convertible with better tires and rims. At present they are still stock 13" - 4 lug rims and stock wheel covers. I want to stay with the lug pattern but increase to a 14" wheel. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. BamaBrown
Unless my memory fails me, the early Mustang with the I6 did have 14" wheels with four lug holes. I'm not sure you will be able to find some but it might be worth looking for some that way. Ebay, craigslist, or other Mustang forums. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bluebird. I'm looking but haven't found anything yet. Im hoping to go with a custom type wheel but aint found any yet. My 64 hardtop has smoothies and babymoons. Looks slick. Her convertible is giving me a little trouble. i want it custom but she wants to keep it as original as possible. Six cyl and all. My 64 is 289ci with headers and a mild cam. 2 brl, ford-0-matic. Nothin like your rig but good enough I guess. If I can figure out how to send some pics I'll post em. Mines on hold for now until i get hers done. Thanks again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are you planning to run the same width tires in a 14?You should be able to upgrade to a larger tire with custom wheel.The wheel from a four lug Mustang should fit you drums, but you need to make sure the off set are about the same.Years ago I had a 65 Mustang with four lugs. I ran 14 in chrome reverse wheels with baby moons and the old glass belted wide ovals .I don't remember the size .Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts