Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I upgraded from drums to disc brakes on my 65 stang. Also going from a I6 to V8. Have already upgraded that too. I want to order 235/60/ 15 tires with 15-7 rims. I am told that they may rub when I turn. Does anyone have this size or do I need to go down to 215. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
1967 mustang has more room. Largest tires you can run on the rear of a 65 with unmodified wheel wells is the 235/60/15. Run them on a 15x7 wheel with a 4.5" back space.

There's less room on the front. Cannot go that large. I forget offhand what you can do on the front. Would hate to say something, and it wouldn't fit. But, still have my old wheels/tires from WAY back in the day. I believe they are a 215. Can't remember if it's a 60 or 70 profile, and not sure of the back space. Probably a 6" wide wheel.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
495 Posts
I think n2omike is right. I had two 65 coupes a long time ago and I think 235s were the largest tires I could put on them without tire rub.Roger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup, I agree with them. The car that you have gives you a lot of leeways, in terms of tire size, so relax. Feel free to explore 4WheelOnline as well for more tire options, just in case you prefer aftermarket ones more than stock tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts