Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thanks for the replies, guys.

It looks like I"m just going to get it in his name. It'll take a little time, but no big deal.

Anyway, for those than might be interested, I noticed on the new Texas "classic plates" that you can get custom lettering for the old price of $40/year instead of the new forcible raping rate of $200/year (or $600/10 years). Might be of interest to some.

http://www.txdot.gov/txdoteforms/Ge...eportError.jsp&configFile=WFServletConfig.xml

(form VTR-850)

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
My PO did not correctly fill out the title application form 130-U correctly (he signed but the car was actually jointly owned... etc). So I made out a new application form and just forged his name on it. I had the bill of sale, it wasn't fraud, I figured what could they do to me?

Now I don't know if a little forgery would work in your situation but the wheels of Texas title justice can too grind slowly if you don't sometimes take matters into your own hand (so to speak).

A friend.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
They have managed to make it really tough to get a title transfer without that stupid form.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
They have managed to make it really tough to get a title transfer without that stupid form.
Yeah and Do Not use white out. I had to fe-forge because of that!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The title and registration laws just changed again this month so make sure you get the correct new forms.

Scott...

Oh HELL, jumpin Jehovah what NOW? Texas and their f%&d up titling laws. Hell it was hard enough to get that chit straight to begin with, I guess they are a bunch of NON-car guys in office to actually know how hard it is to do the double back-flip thru the spinning hoops. Sure they dropped the Notary Public crap but it really didnt make anything any easier, or legal(er). Its an act of congress to get a title to a car that for what ever reason the title was lost/burned up miss placed etc IF it wasnt in your own name as it was.(great grands car thats been handed down sense 1940) And forget about a "builders" title or what ever other states have, Texas has NO provisions that I know of....Jeeze...

(Guess I'll do a google on it AGAIN)

Oh Yeah for the OP's question I wasnt aware of any kind of title hearings that is done in Texas, maybe there is tho...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do not know all of the changes made to the laws but at least some of them are supposed to make it easier to obtain a builders title or "Kit car" titling. They are also going to change the definition for what a "Classic" car is and they are slowly doing away with YOM plates.

Some good with some bad it looks like.

Scott...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Do not know all of the changes made to the laws but at least some of them are supposed to make it easier to obtain a builders title or "Kit car" titling. They are also going to change the definition for what a "Classic" car is and they are slowly doing away with YOM plates.

Some good with some bad it looks like.

Scott...
Guess a good solid search on the matter is in the 'surfing' for the next few days.. lol I figured the YOM plates wouldnt last and thats fine with me, as I can never find a "set" thats in good enough condition to use. Or ones thats for a car and not a truck.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just grab that dork that sold it to you by the short hairs and take him with you to the DMV, have him affidavit in FRONT of them that he's releasing all interest in said vehicle to you. And Viollah, you're done.
FE it isnt as easy as that it seems in Tx.Sure that will work IF the vehicle has/had been transferred into their name. They have so many roadblocks in the way its not funny, especially if the vehicle has changed hands 3-4 times sense it had been last registered with out ppl transferring the title every time. (you know the forgotten projects, the car that belonged to dear departed uncle Bill etc) It turns into what JC calls Mule Meat for sure....

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
You mean to tell me that the State compels you put a car in your name BEFORE you can give the car away to someone else?
sounds like bullschitt to me.

Grab a guy off the street, convince him to sell his car to some other guy. have him sign paperwork, take the Other guy into DMV and tell DMV that he wished to GIVE the car to YOU as a gift and see what they tell you. Get in good with a DMV person...

There are a LOT of rules. But there are a LOT of ways around them that ARE NOT breaking the rules. just because it's not written in the books don't mean it cannot happen.

Good luck to you in your endeavors!

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Property in Texas has had to survive under the rules of six different countries so our titles just naturally carry some extra baggage. On the West coast everyone owns everything, so obviously it is less of a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replies, guys.

It looks like I"m just going to get it in his name. It'll take a little time, but no big deal.

Anyway, for those than might be interested, I noticed on the new Texas "classic plates" that you can get custom lettering for the old price of $40/year instead of the new forcible raping rate of $200/year (or $600/10 years). Might be of interest to some.

http://www.txdot.gov/txdoteforms/Ge...eportError.jsp&configFile=WFServletConfig.xml

(form VTR-850)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts