Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Hank and I recently received a 32 ford coupe with a 5.0 in it. It is titled a1932 ford tudor 47 hp. with a vin #. My question to you guys is what kind of plate should I get for it ??? I live in Pennsylvania. I won't be driving at night so thats not a problem. Please help..................

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
a little confused by this post ?????
coupe and Tudor are two different body styles... title...red flag

what plate you should get ???

and why does it matter if your not going drive at night????????:eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
In PA you will need to have the VIN checked against the title by an inspection station if the title is not already from PA and in your name. This requires an inspection mechanic to physically see both--and they both must match.) If they match and the car is not found as being stolen (by the dept of motor vehicles) some time in its life, a new PA title can be issued in your name. Expect for it to take 6-8 weeks to have a title issued.

Antique tags will allow you to do limited driving during the day time. This is supposed to be to go to shows, parades, or to go to a mechanic. In PA this is a gray area but lots of us joy ride our "antique" cars but it definitely can't be a daily driver (though I've seen that done too.) The nice thing about antique tags is that you pay for them once and then there are no further PA safety inspections nor tag renewal fees in PA. One note to this is that the new title must specify that it is an antique vehicle before antique tags can be issued.

IIRC Collector's tags also have a one time fee but requires the car to be inspected yearly.

No matter how your car is registered in PA you will need insurance which can be relatively inexpensive from select collector car insurance companies. Again this is for driving to shows, parades, mechanics, and with possibly some pleasure driving. Most insurance companies will specify a maximum amount of yearly mileage (typically 3000 miles.). The car can't be used as a work car or daily driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts