Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I am struggling over doing some original striping on my 70 XL. The striping I am referring to was available on the 69 GT but not on the 70 (as far as I know). Do you think it would be appropriate on my car? I still am pretty pumped about installing a 70 hood scoop but am still undecided on the striping. Does anyone know if this striping was available on the 70? Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I'm with FE, stripe really works on that car, however once you do it and show the world you won't be alone. "where did you get that, looks really cool I want one of those"

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
It's your car so do what you like with it..If you do the striping in vinyl you can remove it if you don't like it or change your mind down the road.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kind of think that somewhere in my mounds of paperwork that I did find an option list for the 70 and it showed both the hood scoop as well as the striping. I believe these were available for the 70 as well. I know I am paying a premium price to have this done ($400) proffessionaly made and installed. I could hunt around and possibly get something online but its just easier this way.

·
Registered
287 Posts
This like other comments here, they are personal opinions. My opinion is as the car sits now without the scoop and stripes it has a quiet beauty. Why change such a beautiful thing?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I like the stripe myself, heck, like said before, it's your car do what you want to do with it.

Just had this convo with a guy that hated my green engine. I just told him the difference between us is he is the look what i got mines the best type and i'm the i love and enjoy my car and don't care so much about originality. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I say stripe it. but my opinon only. why don't you stripe only one side. then you look good coming and going!! HA

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
I like it without the stripe. I agree with the vinyl wrap idea though most machines make 50" max so you may need to make two pieces for the front. Probably looking at $300.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I kind of agree with keeping the car clean looking. I think what I am going to do is have the hood scoop installed and see if the addition of the striping will make the car look too busy.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That's the C stripe I mentioned in your other forum.

Most folks wouldn't even know a 69 from a 70, so that's really a non-issue.

You still could consider a mustang GT type stripe, front wheel to rear wheel, instead of the C stripe.

You have the perfect set up, a black vinyl top, mostly black tires, and a color that would contrast nicely with black striping.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree Jerrym3. I am thinking of the single stripe like you mentioned. I just dont want to make it look hokey.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
My son and I have been toying with the stripes for his car for about a year, we just cant decide. They seem to only look good with certain color cars. Ours is a 69, what we really want are the 69 GT hash marks, the last set we found sould right before we could get them. I am considering machining a set out of billet aluminum. Personally I want the Hash marks more than the striping. We do have a local shop that can make the striping for us though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts