Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed an ad on Craigslist for a "good C6 with converter" for $100... So I call on it as I am going to be going C6 in the 65 (the cruisomatic is leaking like a sieve and is not going to hold up for long) real soon.

I call to confirm that this is an FE c6 and to see if he is negotiable on price and mention that I might have parts to trade - does he need anything. Long story short I traded a core AOD for this tranny that seems to be in good shape and we were both happy. Well I get there and get happier - it is out of a 69 merc something that he bought as a drivetrain doner before changing plans - it is clean and well stored and when I go to pick it up I find....... The crossmember attached!

I'm not sure yet if this will allow me to plug this in without fabbing but at the very least there is a shot of it and I got a C6 that may be useable for an AOD core that I was probably going to give away for pennies if not altogether to the next mustang club guy that needed a core...

On top ot that I found a complete C7AW center section with good gears for $25... I'm now happy and getting ready to make some progress...

·
Registered
830 Posts
score !!! It is nice to find some one who will trade and not try to get over on you .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was actually nice - we both walked away very happy.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If the crossmember is a 67 and up it probably wont work as I thought the same when I took the motor and trans from a 67 country sedan to put in my 65 country squire and it looked identicle to the 65s. From looking at the 65 and 67 frames I noticed on the 67 frame the part where the crossmember bolts to is longer then on the 65 to accomadate the C-6. Jeff

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great one! Have you pulled the pan yet? Just my 2 cents here - if there's a lot of grit in the pan, you might wanna get a new converter - which you may be gonna do anyway. Anyhow, great find and good luck with the conversion. Keep us posted on your progress.

sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts