Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting turndowns before the axle but now i was wondering if the exhaust came out in front of the wheels would it keep it from resonating? Will it be quieter than turndowns?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have turndowns on my car, and it is loud. I'm thinking about getting it to go out the back now. I'll see which is louder.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I cannot stand turn downs. I had it for 6 months maybe, and it was cool for a little bit. Set off every freaking car alarm in the state, not to mention vibrated everything in the car....which was good sometimes
I think girls might have like all the "Noise" but I think most of them are all deaf now...as well as myself. After this, I ran the exhaust to the side of the car, comming out the side, and infront of the rear tires (where NASCAR exhaust exits) but one to one side, one to the other. As soon as I started it after it was done, I loved it! WAY better then before! A much more Cleanner, healthier tone, and not all the rattling! It is still plenty loud though. Now it sets off car alarms only in the county. My dad keeps telling me I am gonna come home and see it with tail pipes, but has not done it yet....so we'll see
This was with 3" exhaust from collector to 2 chamber Flow Masters. If you want the noise, but not the constant rattle, run it out the back, and if it is not 3" get the cut outs that are pull cable....that will let open the exhaust and close it whenever you want with the pull of a cable. I was gonna do that, but could not becuase they dont make any for 3" exhaust...so instead I have the plates with 3 wing nuts...THEY GET OPENED UP OFTEN!! 30 second man Job
...now whats that you said? I cant hear you

Jeff Given

1 - 3 of 3 Posts