Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still have a lot of work to do but the temptation was just too much. I had to do it. Safety first tho'. I had on my SFI shorts, SFI sandals and SFI shades.

26 MB vid so my apologies to those without broadband. And this is the 1st time I've tried any online video hosting so if it doesn't work please let me know.

Murff

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/Murff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Murff on 8/21/06 2:47pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Murf,
Good looking car, great looking and wicked sounding engine. That thing sounds bad ass and ready to romp. Safety first

Love the quote "Anybody can restore a car. It takes a real man to cut one up. "
Way to go.
That is a big file 26mb!
Ras Daniel

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the .avi was nearly a gig. Cut it down with uLead Media Studio Pro then compressed it again with Windows Movie Maker to get it down to current size as a .wmv file.

Took longer to get that clip up to be viewable than it did to run around the block.

Thanks for the replies.

Murff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Murff on 8/22/06 3:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
729 Posts
Jesus man!
That thing sounds realy freakin good, whats the engine specs?
Hope your going to a lot bigger tire soon.

Edit: makes me want to uncork my headers and terrorize my neighborhood... lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67falconer on 8/22/06 10:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Falconer, your signature shows more motor than I have. This is just a .030 over 351W. The rest of the specs are in a post on the Dyno Forum under Curiosity Piqued, a post I put up while still putting it together. Only differences are I went to a stock oil pump (after a lot of stress over oil pressure & popped galley plugs) and I stepped the convertor up to 4000.

9" of slick is all I can get in there w/o tubbing. I'm hoping the Cal-Tracs will help with hookup until we can tub, maybe next year.

Murff

·
Registered
729 Posts
On 2006-08-21 19:44, Murff wrote:
Falconer, your signature shows more motor than I have. This is just a .030 over 351W. The rest of the specs are in a post on the Dyno Forum under Curiosity Piqued, a post I put up while still putting it together. Only differences are I went to a stock oil pump (after a lot of stress over oil pressure & popped galley plugs) and I stepped the convertor up to 4000.

9" of slick is all I can get in there w/o tubbing. I'm hoping the Cal-Tracs will help with hookup until we can tub, maybe next year.

Murff
I guess its the cam and open headers in a residential neighborhood and the contrast of it all

I played your video for the guys at work and they thought it was a wicked sounding car.
Did you build your own cage or was it a kit?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cage was a kit for an '83 T-Bird that's been modified a bit. Still need to put the door bars, windshield header, and dash bar in. Also need rear firewall and battery box. Just a few more dollars.

Glad the guys at work like it. I have had good feedback all around on the way this thing cackles. I think I just hit on a good combination with the cam, heads and Enderle.

A buddy stopped by this past weekend. He races a high 8 second '71 Challenger. He gave a thumbs up to the car and after seeing the video and hearing the motor out in the garage he predicted a 10.73 for the first hard pass. I won't know until it actually hits the track, but I've been trying to build for D/Gas which is a 10.60 nostalgia index. Hell, anything under a 12.00 and I'll be happy. Of course anything in the 10's will just make me ecstatic.

Murff

·
Registered
729 Posts
I hear you. I need to stiffen mine up a bit before I put in on the track. I was thinking with the right traction mine would see 11's... maybe. I would freak out if mine ripped of a 10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts