Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi dennis i am trying to do the same thing to my top loader, but what clutch did you use my old set up has a 11 inch clutch i am trying to use my pressure plate.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hi dennis i am trying to do the same thing to my top loader, but what clutch did you use my old set up has a 11 inch clutch i am trying to use my pressure plate.

I use a special racing type clutch setup and just replaced the disc with a similar one.

I suppose that your clutch is a stock type and that you want a fiber-like stock type disc. For an 11" clutch disc that will fit the 1 3/8" large input shaft, I would check out small block Econoline (E-100 or E-150 series) trucks with a 4 speed. An 11" disc was used in some of them from the early 60's through the late 70's.

Here is a similar one that can be ordered through Summit: Hays 40-118 - Hays Clutch Discs - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 200 c.i. 6 cyl engine Mustang and I recently pulled the tranny down and found out I am missing the pilot bearing. Does anyone know if there was a pilot bearing to begin with or did the mechanic who worked on it last forget to put it back?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts