Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been little activity in the Fairlane pages lately. Guess we are all busy in our projects. I'm almost finished cannibalizing my parts car. I had a hard time going through the experience coz it was a complete running car. And a 68 GT Fastback at that. The only damaged area was the seats. Even the headliner was in perfect condition. I had to do it coz I have to transfer the engine/trans/differential to my project car(also a 68 GT Fastback). And also a few small things to finish my project.

I'm going to set aside the factory A/C setup just in case someone will have a need for it later. I have no plans on putting A/C on my project. Also have the factory tach and clock if anyone is interested. I will not need most of the chrome trimmings w/c are in good condition. Some pitting but still shiny. Windows/Glasses are in perfect condition. These are the tinted(green)ones.

Good luck in your projects!!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hummm, factory tach and clock. Hummm, Philippines. Holy cow, shipping will be a fortune, and probably take 7 weeks. Just in time for the warm weather, lol.

Rick

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Let's try and figure the shipping cost. Would be interesting to see. Are you coming to Canada soon. lol.

Rick

·
Registered
100 Posts
i gotta send a pair of exhaust manifolds to Australia... frickin' UPS wants $300
to send the 27lb box!

By ground regular parcel post is 4-6 weeks and still $90!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have a 20lb box I want to send to New Zealand, it's 60 Can. and takes 6 weeks. But my friends there need the stuff so I need to do it one day.
Imagine the phillipines, holy cow.

Rick

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the parts that I order from the US(mostly eBay) get delivered to my Mom in California. She then sends them by box measuring approx. 24"x24" for US$80. The name of the company is Forex. No weight limitations as long as it fits in the box. She has sent TVs, computers, and other heavy stuffs w/out any problems with this company. Seems like they have a special treatment arrangement with Customs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bluetech on 3/5/02 7:26pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
That's cool you have an insider for parts. That's good to hear, I sell on ebay, and buy a few things to, but it's amazing how many americans dont want to sell outside the US. I need an insider too I guess.

Rick

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very few eBay sellers ship internationally so you need someone in the US to receive your items. Regards.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I just had 38 items end tonight on e-bay and since I put "will ship to US and Canada" almost half the stuff was won by Canadians and I'm still up figuring shipping costs to them. 18 people have paid already with PayPal so many packages leave tomorrow and most are to Canada. It's no more trouble to ship there than it is to ship in the US but it just costs more. I guess I have now opened myself up to another market that isn't tapped very much. I may ship internationally next time to Austrailia, Canada, and all European countries. Shipping will be a killer put I will be exposed to a much broader market. This rocks! I expected between $250-$300 max and instead sold the stuff for $830 and Canadians are bidding the high prices for it. Last time I auctioned, I expected $3500-$3800 and actually got $3800 plus change but this time I was surprised. I love e-bay!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have a pro-stock hood scoop on ebay now, it ends tomorrow sometime. I had an email from Italy asking shipping cost to there. I dont ship over seas, but I might, never tried. But for a 5 pound box, it will be 120.US for shipping , and the auction is only at 10.US I've been doing ebay for about 2 months now, and all the people that but from me are americans, I had 1 Canadian buy from me, rest americans.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts