Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reving the 351 C ,The blade broke and damaged my shroud And almost killed me . The plastic cuts like knife to the neck 15 stiches worth at the emergency room. My 1971 ford Torino Gt needs a new shroud now . I think a metal one would be safer. Any ideas Should I Sue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted last night guess no one interested in death close calls,makes sense any looking for a Torino GT.

I have a 1971 Ford Torino. The old car is running but it through a fan blade busted a section of the shroud hitting me in the neck . The cut required 15 stiches so I am taking slower now on the restoration. I also have a one ton dually power stroke crewcab that I rebuilt from a wreck. I have two paint horses and like to ride. I have learning to play guitar and like fender amps and guitars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apollo on 4/14/07 5:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[No message]

·
Registered
712 Posts
+1 on the elec. fan.
I've got one on mine, I had the flex fan which is a ticking timebomb anyway. Although, I've seen more aftermarket flex fans fail as compared to the Ford units.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh yeah, hope you get better soon.
I'll tell you one thing...NOTHING is going to stop that fan from traveling through the shroud. Once you get that fan going, you'd better stand back. I have seen where the blades punch strait through the radiator, shroud, HOOD, FENDERS; I wouldn't even rev my engine standing near the fan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello thanks for response , but I was not standing over the fan . I was standing on the drivers side leaning closer to the carb. I think I will have a friend thats a welder build me a metal replacement or patch the existing one to look good with aluminum or stainless steel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes a Factory Ford flex fan . What would be better a clutch fan . I will not be revving the car from outside anymore. The had not been running for almost ten years and I GUESS ITS REVVING PRETTY GOOD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts