Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what paint or color is used on 68-69 Torino lower dash panels? Mine is the original red, but not the candy apple body color red. It's like a metallic dusty rose color unlike anything else on the car.

There doesn't seem to be a color code for this from what I can see. It's not going to be the vinyl color, so I'm stumped.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1968 interior trim codes on door tag usually matched the rest of the interior except for combination groups with white seats. 1968 torino trim colors RED-7D with bench/cimarron cloth, or bench with bangor cloth. 1968 torino gt trim colors RED-6D bench/kiwi vinyl with buckets/kiwi vinyl code 8D,8DA interior trim colors for 1968 were black, blue,red,gold,agua,white 1968 EXTERIOR COLOR CODES- 2 TAHITIAN ROSE OR CODE B ROYAL MAROON. I Believe dearborn classics sell this in spray cans . from torino restoration guide

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My paint code is T, which is Candyapple Red I believe. So does this mean the lower dash paint is the same used on body? The trim code is 8D. She's red on red. Red is freaking everywhere - dash, seats, carpet. I'm curious if the lower dash was ever repainted, although I'm 99% sure it's not.

thx!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Grand Torino 64 elite has a dark red color called a M2 1 originally to match the shag carpet, seat belts, dash. With almost a cream white Upholdstrey an seats. Not to sure about the rims though.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.