Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://media.putfile.com/Starsky-1976--Gran-Torino

Sorry could not resist after seeing “67falconer” cool post of “Video of my 408 in action”. Rock on!

What I actually wanted to post about was –

I brought a beat-up random stock blue Ford air cleaner assembly with a snorkel - just to try. I have no idea what Ford it was from. It feels like it almost fits but catches just a tiny bit on the distributor.

I imagine since I want to have a carb spacer installed to also help with my heat issues, this would give it the clearance it needs.

I want to buy a nice one (from ebay?), should most stock Ford Air Cleaner Assemblies fit my 1976 – 400ci? i.e. would any Ford 302, or 351W/C/M, or 460 air assembly from the 70’s fit? They all look the same on the bottom in the pictures to me.

Car has an Edelbrock 750 sitting on top of an Edelbrock 351 Performer Manifold, with MSD distributor. Video has a few photos of engine bay if this helps.

All advice is very welcome;

thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This isa re-post from last year in the Torino Forum.

Since then swapped FMX/1600 stall for a C6/2800 stall, 391/posi with a Gearvender’s Overdrive.. Now she performs even better than I hoped.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is something that I won’t be doing very often, my wife though we should video tape it.

Not a very mature thing to do, but wow was it fun. I got better with practice, so did my wife, we took turns!

We threw in some pics and the sound track from Starsky & Hutch for fun.

My kids had a blast watching; you can hear them in the background while we did our brake stands.

http://media.putfile.com/Starsky-1976--Gran-Torino

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-05-15 18:44, ujt389 wrote:
your neighbors must hate you. Sweet ride.
So far so good, no complaints, just a few people taking pictures... I am very careful not to even rev it within a couple of blocks from my house.

We took the video behind my office, on a Saturday, with the Landlord present just in case the police showed up.

Can't be too careful!

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
That was great, and you guys are clearly the coolest people in the world to those boys! LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm …. No responses on the Air Cleaner Assembly question?

My own fault - I probably should move it to a new thread with a proper subject....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts