Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My god...watching the news about the tornado in Moore, OK and am heart broken. Two elementary schools destroyed and it looks like at one of them they already have recoved 7 dead little children and are looking for 17 more. I hope and pray that the rest are safe. Just finished hugging my two girls and pray to god that any forum members from that area are safe.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Its truly a sad day, I am about 3 hours from there, I too live in "tornado alley" so the fear is real. I cant imagine my kids in a school that was destroyed like that. All I can do is pray for all the people that are affected by this. My heart goes out to them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely a huge, tragic day for those folks in OK. As appealing as it is to move from CA, high prices for EVERYTHING, lame politics, etc., glad we dont have to deal with tornado's. Sending positive thoughts to those in OK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine as well, I friggin am scared schittless of tornadoes that's why I'll never move back to Nebraska or anywhere near the places they frequent.

You're a Nebraska native as well eh? I was born and raised in Omaha. Tornadoes were always a childhood terror for me. I actually convinced my dad to let me move my bedroom down to the basement. I told him it was because it was cooler . . . but really I was terrified of the thought that a tornado would come in the middle of the night and I wouldn't have enough time to get to the basement.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Have a friend that lives bout 10 miles from Cleburne TX and i asked him on FB if he was still on the ground. Didn't get an answer after a couple hours so texted him. He said the compound was fine and all the fords accounted for but it was durn close and blew everything around him. Summer time fun he said. I just don't like those things at all and see how they do just like whatshername said on Twister, they hit this place and that place and then come after you is bout the truth!

The one in MD several years ago crossed the river after wiping out a little town then went through a friend's neighbor hood. took the fence out of his back yard at the very back, twisted the house next door on it's foundation and hit a couple others but only got a few of his shingles. It was just so weird that it hit and wiped out houses before his and after and left a couple in the middle and these places weren't that far apart.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just wanted to take a second and tell you guys that you're "OK!"

Our house and shop are fine, (-$20k damage),...but we've got friends who have nothing but floor slabs.....and it's nice to hear and read all the nice things that people all over the country have to say.

Thanks guys,....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts