Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there is better place for this post, but does a one have a old Ford-O-Matic torque converter belly pan laying around left over from a tranny swap they would sell me? Just bought a 63 falcon futura with a 2 speed and its missing it. Please let me know. Here is a pic. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damit been looking for this cover for over a week, called junk yards posted on forums, searched eBay! So guess my only bet is to fab something. Can someone shoot a photo so I have something to copy?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Let me get a PN and I will see what I can find. It will be MON night. Is that OK?

I missed this post first time around.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
1963 FALCON PX (F/M/2) -

C0DD 7986-A (144 CI)

C3DZ 7986-A (170 CI)

C2OA 7986-B (260 CI)

GOOGLE THE CORRECT PN (you didn't specify engine) exactly as I have it and something may show,i.e C3DZ 7986-A.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
:confused: OK...

Before we go any further...

You are 100% positive it is a two-speed trans (one piece alum bell/main case).

Does the trans by any chance have a ASSEMBLY I.D. Tag?

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
It's not a c4 transmition, it's the 2 speed fordomatic on a 200 ic, but maybe it looks similar
Geesch ....
its a very simple cover, that you can make your self..

a piece of sheet metal . tin snipp's... drill 2 holes for bolts...

use thick paper , make a templet first then transfer to sheet metal....

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Rag, those are totally different from what he is needing, his is going to be shaped like the whole bottom HALF of a bell housing and not just a cover/inspection 'plate'. More on the lines of GM's covers. His may originally may have been cast as well and not a 'stamped' piece, but dont know that for a fact.

Kult the trans is the 2 sp ford-o-matic as was discerned in another thread.....

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
How do you know that for certain? Not many can identify a PX correctly. His description of a two-speed may be a Dual-Range FX for all we know. The car has had an engine upgrade, maybe trans also?

·
Registered
340 Posts
How do you know that for certain? Not many can identify a PX correctly. His description of a two-speed may be a Dual-Range FX for all we know. The car has had an engine upgrade, maybe trans also?
Can you tell from the picture he posted?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Seems I missed in another thread... :frown:

The trans type has been positively established? Now, he could have one of three possible applications. It would just be guessing to advise him at this point.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Can you tell from the picture he posted?
Not quite enough pan showing I would guess, otherwise I am assuming it cant be identified that way...

What say ye Kult?:confused:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I am not that good to eyeball it.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

·
Subscriber
263 Posts
When it shifts, does it have 1 shift only? That's a Ford-O-Matic. Only 1 shift. If it has 2 shift points, then it's probably a Cruise-O-Matic or a C4. Had one in my 64 falcon--hated it--always breaking--not for hi-Po use.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Shifts once, and has just D and L on steering wheel
OK, you realize that without the trans I.D. (there were three variations in 1963 and the trans may be from another model year regarding the engine swap) that all is conjecture and you cannot yell at me if you get the wrong cover, correct?

I would a$$-u-me that the trans is a 170 CI model as you stated the trim level was FUTURA and one would again assume the 144 was a base engine only.

That would be trans I.D. No. PCM-E, K. The Service PN for the cover in that situation would be C3AZ 7986-A.

I would scour the FALCON MESSAGE BOARDS as that is where you will be most likely to find one.

PCL-D (144 CI)
PCM-E, K (170 CI)
PCD-C (260 CI)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts