Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
most all intakes are torqued to the engine's spec's and also in the torque sequence. This includes aftermarkets. If this is a windsor, just be careful of the end bolts. even the cast iron intakes have been known to break off on the ends.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so. And thanks for the advice on those end bolts. I wouldn't have thought of that problem until I was swearing at it in the wee hours.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Yep. They can break off. You can also overtighten some of the inner bolts and break off the boss on the head.
I just removed my intake and found the boss broken off. Oh well, nothing a little bit more blue RTV can't handle
I just bolted it back up and ran a very small extra bead along the head-manifold gap and smoothed it with my finger. No leak.

·
Registered
57 Posts
22lb-ft , but the sequence is to complicated to put on a web board . Well I think this is it
5 1 1210 4 8
< - - - - - - back
6 3 9 11 2 7
- - - - - -
This is what I can remember off the top of my head but check it in a manual , atleast you know what to look for and if you cant , check back with me tomorrow and a will find out forsure , but this is close enouf and as long as you go in steps you will be ok just go around at least 3 times till you reach 22 lb-ft , no more than that that is the spec no matter what manifold they are al the same . Oh did you guys know that over torqueing intake bolts can tear up you bottom end , it pulls on them heads , in turn pulls up on the block and distorts the mains , just a little tid bit , neat huh!
I was really surprised when I found this out.

lowside

1 - 6 of 6 Posts