Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello this is my first post here been reading it for a while. i have an 89 f 250 5.8 this truck is killing me on gas has no power at all tail pipe is black was told to check the tpd so per a hays book i checked the voltage i have 1.20 volts at idle and 4.55 at wot the book says i should have .50 volt to 5.o volts do i need to change the tps? i unpluged it and can tell NO diferince except fo a loping idle any ideas ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Try setting the tp to the closest to 1.0v without going over. Try .90 something and see what you get.
What about a tune-up, when was the last one?
Any codes?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
the computer controlls the voltage going to the tps don't it?

Try changing your "Coolant Temperature Sensor" Not the one for the "gauge" the one for the computer. That is likely the culprit causing yo to burn the hell out of some fuel!

FE

·
Registered
247 Posts
Change your tps it should never be over a volt at idle.
This may not be your only problem. See what you have for fuel pressure. Should be about 30 psi. Dual tanks ? does it run the same on both tanks ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rcm600 on 10/28/06 11:38pm ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its showing code 32 evp voltage below closed limit, what the heck that means i dontknow? will check the rest of the stuff youall mentioned thanks bunches!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Evp is the sensor on top of the EGR valve. Your EGR could be hanging open, this would make it stall or lope possibly. That TP voltage is still too high though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rcm600 on 10/31/06 4:53am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts