Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH: All vehicles must be equipped with an operational neutral safety switch."
Does my 66 mustang have this? I dont think so, this rule is for carlsbad track. I have a T-5 tranny, but i dont think, acutally know that i dont have one of these, i can start my car in 1st if the clutch is in. Will i not be allowed to run?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
On stickshift cars, you will have to have a clutch safety switch...so you have to push in the clutch pedal to start it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have that either, i can start my car in neutral with the cluth out, does this mean i cant race?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have raced at carlsbad 3 times. I have a 66 mustang with a four-speed. They never inspected the car, nor did I see them inspect any other cars. They did ask if I had a radiator overflow bottle. I did, but they didn't bother to look.

They will make sure you have long pants and a good helmut. I saw a guy that they did not let race because he had a really crappy helmut.

I am fairly certain that the last time I interpreted the rules, the neutral safety switch only applied to automatic trans. cars. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
596 Posts
this is so you don't start your car without being in the driver seat. did you ever reach in the window and fire it up? you know what would happen if it was in gear.

you should be fine

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The last time I was thoroughly tested at any track, then knit picked me to pieces. ONLY thing they could find wrong/not there was a nuetral safety switch. I was told I could run 'as is', (and I did). I just haven't put it up there on the priority list, yet, (but I will).
I can see where one should have it, tho. (maybe this weekend I"ll install one if I can't go racing anywhere)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts