Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 66 Fairlane GT as a birthdaygift from my wife and family.The car has at some point been a dragrace car.The owner had absolutely no info on the car or what was in it,well ,the ad said 390 cid,auto trans and wery fast .

Is it possible to track down ownerhistory on this car so I can get some info.

This is what I know about the car:
S code 1966 Fairlane,4 speed,325:1 open rear,power nothing,original red ,black int.
Now has ´69 FE block with 3,98 stroke crank(410/42
,69 428 cj heads,PI intake manif.probably a solid cam,hooker headers,c-6 trans with full manual reverse valvebody,2500 stall converter,31 spline axles,nospin,389:1 gears,ladderbars and frameconnectors.The shocktowers have been cut sort of like the part that faces the valve cover has been moved outwards,havent seen that before.It also has a hole, 4x4inches just behind the right shocktower close to the framerail????

http://www.kvartmila.is/spjall/viewtopic.php?t=16467
hope the link to the Icelandic dragrace forum works

Sigtryggur H
Iceland

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trygger66 on 9/15/06 8:21am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trygger66 on 9/15/06 8:22am ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey you guys!!!!!!!No replies!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not asking if anybody recognises the car,just if it is possible to track down former owners of a car this old,and if so ,how do I do that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just now logging on the forums after about a month!

I wish I could help you, but I don't think you'll have much luck unless the dmv or wherever you do your title/registration at can help. When I went to the local Ford Dealer where my car was sold in 67, they said they couldn't help because their records only went back about fifteen years or so, maybe twenty. I'd really like to find an original invoice or something, but yeah, I don't think it's really possible.

And now that I see that you're the person who had one shipped to Iceland, I guess it wouldn't be any help to check with your registration place, as they probably wouldn't have American records, right? It is pretty frustrating. Maybe someone else on here will see this again and have an idea for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys!!!!!
No we dont have any american records over here so that is a dead end.I think I should talk to the guy I bought it from down in Hollywood in Florida and try to find out who he bougt it from and so on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts