Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am just finishing my car, 1966 mustang and want to do some 1\4 mile runs, but where? I live in Bellflower CA, near Long beach. I have heard that Irwendale has opened a 1/8 mile for test and tune, but what about the 1/4? Any places near here? Im willing to travel up to two hours away. I have heard that Pomona might be opening up again or T.I. is this true?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Palmdale(LACR)is 1/4 mile .They run Wednesday and Friday nights and have something going on almost every weekend.Expect to run about .50 slower there than sea level because of the altitude.
Carlsbad is 1/4mile ,not sure when they run.

Irwindale is 1/8 mile.They have test and tune every Thursday night and run test and brackets at least once a month on Sunday.Myself, never having raced 1/8 before was suprised about it when I first went. Good traction there and 1/8 not too bad after all.

Rialto is 1/8. They run about twice a month on Sunday.

California Speedway in Fontana is 1/4. Not sure when they run. I have never been there as they require registration/insurance and don't allow slicks(last I heard).

There is also Famoso 1/4 in Bakersfield but thats more than 2hours away.

·
Registered
596 Posts
they also do it at the Qualcom Stadium in San Diego. It's 1/8 mile and they do it every couple weeks.

Check out--- www.racelegal.com

come down and eat rice burners.

I think Carlsbad is open every week end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts