Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have a 68 fairlane that i was selling, no one has called untill now.... this guy that wants my car dosent want to pay(1600) but he wants to trade.. for a 429 with a C6 that came out of a 69 Torino, and also he will give me a 70's(?) volvo, just to get around while working on the car then sell it. it only has a 2 barrel carb.. but oh well, improved gas mileage i guess. he says that its been stored for 5yrs.. he also says that it should run if its put into a car... now the question is, should I, or shouldnt I.. now i know its a 429, engine of my dreams, but i dont know if I'm able to pour lots of money into it if it dosent work.. anyways, i need your guys input....thanks

Jace

·
Registered
557 Posts
First of all, 429's never came in 69 Torino's, they came in Thunderbirds. The Torino's came with 428 FE's, this would be the Cobra Jet engine, not the best engine to have. The 429 is a way better engine, but if its just a plain-jane motor, then I cant see trading it. Is your 68 a fastback? Does this Volvo run without any problems? Be sure to protect yourself on a deal like this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts