Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
looks 'normal' to me, but am not an expert on the 1st gen ranchero's GREAT find btw, I would love to find one of those.... :bow:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Cool car, Eddie

Hope you can manage to bring it home.
Will look real nice parked next to my 59 EC
in Castroville some weekend.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool car, Eddie

Hope you can manage to bring it home.
Will look real nice parked next to my 59 EC
in Castroville some weekend.

Hey Bryan. Yeah, it really would. I hate to tell you this but if this happens, I'm thinking painting it lime green and white. That would look great at Castroville. When you planning on cruising there?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's the guy trying to hold out for?
A buddy stopped by about 2 weeks ago and he told him 3200. when I stopped there he said 4500. Here I am thinking of trading him plum crazy and him giving me a little boot. I have no idea of what its worth.

It's at wrecking yard and belongs to one of his buddies. supposed to be all good glass, tail lights, chrome, interior stuff, original engine and trans (both rebuilt) at his house.

What you think it's worth?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some of these wrecking yard guys have a skewed view of value. There is a yard out by me that has a 66ish plymouth satellite that is rusted out and half buried in the dirt. His asking price..........35k It's faded yellow, but not gold plated ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. Thats funny those mopars hold their value. With the 57 I think the wrecking yard guy is trying to get his pound of flesh. I need to get him to give me the number of the owner.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had the same thought as FE.... 3k is about the tops, even though it is relatively rare.(not many seen anymore). What is the engine/trans combo? 292?

Ive always said the 57 fords were much better looking than the 57 chebby, but thats just me. Wish I had held on to mine i had so many years ago :( ( gave 5 bux for that car due to the bypass hose and a P/O'ed owner) LMAO!!! it was a 292 short block with 312 t-bird top end/ 3speed manual that had been converted to floor shift.... was a great runner...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the same thought as FE.... 3k is about the tops, even though it is relatively rare.(not many seen anymore). What is the engine/trans combo? 292?

Ive always said the 57 fords were much better looking than the 57 chebby, but thats just me. Wish I had held on to mine i had so many years ago :( ( gave 5 bux for that car due to the bypass hose and a P/O'ed owner) LMAO!!! it was a 292 short block with 312 t-bird top end/ 3speed manual that had been converted to floor shift.... was a great runner...
Supposed to have the origial engine and trans at the owners house(rebuilt and ready to go). I think he said it was 292 and automatic. We will have to see about that. Also supposed to have windshield, new interior parts and tail lights. Seeing is beliving.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts