Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 Ford Falcon Futura - Inline six 200 w/ a C4 Cruise-o-Matic 3spd. Trans.

Does anyone know where I can get cooling lines? (i.e. Websites or any places in or round the Seattle area)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Advance Auto carries steel brake line that you can bend yourself to plumb into the cooler. They also have rubber line that's rated for the high temp/pressure and wont break down from the fluid running through it. Normal fuel line will. Its usually a few bucks a foot.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
5/16" steel fuel line is sold at most auto parts stores in various lengths and you can get unions to join two to make the right length.
Paul

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
5/16 steel brake line.
A 5' piece will do one line.
The nuts will fit both transmission and cooler.
Stuart,
Have you ever seen a car that used a 5/16" brake line?
I haven't but I have seen quite a few that run 5/16" fuel lines.
It is the same line just different sizes.

Paul

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
OK, let me rephrase the question:
Have you seen a car come from the factory with brake lines that were 5/16"?
I have seen a lot of 5/16" steel fuel lines using 5/16" inverted flares but in all my years I don't remember any cars that came with 5/16" brake lines.

I can see that they call them brake lines but they are simply medium pressure hydraulic lines with inverted flare fittings whether they are used on brake, fuel or hydraulic applications.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm pretty sure when I replumbed the brake lines on my Falcon I used all 5/16" stainless tubing. What is so weird about that?

I think 5/16" fuel lines would be too small. All my fuel line is 3/8".

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.