Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a deep aluminum pan on my C4. The filter on the tranny is NOT for a deep pan.

What issues will this cause and what part number will I need for the deep pan filter? The valve body is a mid-70's style.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am running a deep pan/standard filter also. I have an early C4 and does not seem to have any issues. The level the pick up sees is the same, assuming you did not change the dipstick. I am not aware of any deep filters for pre 70's , but you should not have a problem getting help with a repacement for a 70+. Sorry but no help on that one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On 2007-05-14 07:56, ScreaminC wrote:
I've got a deep aluminum pan on my C4. The filter on the tranny is NOT for a deep pan.

What issues will this cause and what part number will I need for the deep pan filter? The valve body is a mid-70's style.
PA told me that I could run either filter with a deep pan and it wouldn't matter. But, I have read somewhere (don't remember where) that someone was datalogging their tranny pressure and having trouble losing pressure at the big end of 1/4. They tracked it down to oil pickup issues and actually had to go so far as to build a custom pickup for the filter to solve their tranny pressure issues.

Troy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts