Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 mustang with an 89 5.0 and AOD tranny I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to put a t-5 in it? I already have a 90 model tranny and the bellhousing what else do I need? Can I use a clutch cable, do I need to use new style or old style pedals. Will I need to shorten my driveshaft, change speedo gears. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
You will need the stick shift mounting bracket with the appropriate pedals. You will also need everything between the engine and the trans. Engine plate, starter, Flywheel for your balance factor (50oz?), Clutch & pressure plate, and bell housing from a late model. The two best actuation methods are either cable or hydraulic. Go to Mustang Steve's site to see the cable installation. http://mustangsteve.com/

A stock late model shift lever may be too short to use effectively unless you have long arms. There is a shifter that looks like an eraly 4speed shifter available at any Mustang house. You will also need a new trans mount and maybe a speedo cable.

The driveshaft length may have to be changed and maybe the yoke, but wait till everything is in place and try what you have. It may work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts