Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a decent source of info on the mods that were made to the 1970 Boss 302's that were raced in the Trans Am series? I have a couple of books that provide a great starting point (Boss 302 Chassis and Engine Modifications from Osborn Reproductions) but are not quite extensive enough for me, plus the black and white photos leave something to be desired. I am primarily interested in the chassis mods - there are several items that the book shows in pictures but does not describe, such as the relocating of the rear shock top mounts.
If anyone has worked on a project like this and can share photos I'd be very grateful too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think you may be a bit late in this interest. I used to go to the Palm Springs Vintage car races. Were a couple fellows there selling "All about" books, How to Books, etc. Most of which dealed with the 1965 era then jumped to the 1969 era. About zero on the 67-68 era. The books had some bi-line related to information from El Camino College, and the Rancho Cucamonga one, both of which taught classes in racing, for they were not too far from Riverside Raceway at the time.

It has been ten years now, and these reprints are probably long gone, but would certainly be worthy of looking into.

Wm.

·
Registered
231 Posts
FORD put out an information booklet that was titled "BOSS 302 Chasis Modifications". It detailed 3 stages for modifying the BOSS 302 to go racing. Stage III was for trans am racing. Is that the booklet that you have?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Go to the vintage races and get pictures, most of the guys are more than happy to let you snap some.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2800R - yes that's the book that I have and it is pretty good, but I would still like to see any other sources and of course real cars!
On that note, the Monterey historics are this weekend and I should be heading down on Saturday with my camera...
Thanks,
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts