Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I put Mercon fluid in my 62 Cruise-O-Matic....which accord to the book takes Type F. Oops.

Seems to shift fine, crisp and even. Low shift to second a little quicker than I am used to on other cars. Has anyone else used Mercon/DexronIII in their Cruiso's?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Galaxie_406 on 2/27/06 11:17am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yup: I use Mercon-Dexron in all of my cars with no problems.
However: Type A and Type F are still available, and they seem to be a little thicker viscosity to me. Also they don't seem to have the additives that M-D does.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Ray,

I will leave the M/D in and see what happens after the summer heat gets here. Do you think a thicker type F would delay shifting? Could be the modulator also. After I snapped mine off during removal I used one from a 60's Ford truck. Just seems that the trans shifts from 1st to second a bit quick but again could be the rear end gearing left over from the 6 cyl. 3.89 to 1

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
You would get more input if this was put in the tech forum. Its where it belongs to be honest. Not flaming just stating the obvious.

I have read about this same thing (you can use the search to find out alot of things) and I made damn sure I went with Type F after my findings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.