Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I have a c4 with a RMVB with a brake. The trans was built 3 years ago. This weekend I had a problem with the brake not holding and there is a flare On the 2-3 shift.

After looking at the car in the pits I do see a small leak around the servo on the passenger side.

I am also having a problem with the car rolling after the brake is applied. Making me stage deeper than I want.

Can you help me figure out why the brake is not holding?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Pressures good ? Flare on the shift if it hasn't done that before could be high clutches worn.

What make of valvebody ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
To add to Greg's correct diagnosis , MANY trans brake valve bodies appear to have a slow release of the high gear clutches when the button is released. While "you" don't feel this slow release , the clutches are still dragging and wearing. After 15-20 passes you start feeling the dreaded "flair" into high gear. By that point your clutches ( no brand is immune to the wear issue) are "tasted" and require replacement. For that reason alone , I sold all three brands of TBs I had and now foot brake only. I have in excess of 500 low 11-high 10 second passes with .002 measurable clutch wear. I use a "normal" Winters reverse manual valve body and blue plate clutches .
Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts