Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I had a transgo kit put in about 5 years ago, when it was installed the builder said he a was making it shift manually and that it could be converted to automatic easily,when you put it in drive it shifts directly to 3rd gear, now I would like to have it shift automatically, does anyone know how to do this?. I believe the kit was a SKC6 1-2 or the equivilant for that time, and by the way this is for a C6 tranny, is it as simple as putting a ball bearing into the correct channel or replacing a spring?. If someone knows please let me know. Or would it be easier to just put a new kit in? If so which kit would be best to give me hard snappy shifts and last a long time. This is for my "69 Mach1 S code running about 430 HP.If anyone can Help me please let me know. Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
The SK-C6 is an auto shift kit. Not sure what the 1-2 bit is . Hard to give you advice without know what he has done .
For him to make it manual shift he would have to have done something at the shift valves and block the governor feed to them . It could be that he has sort of copied the 67-3 kit that does this .
It might be possible to help you through it if it was dismantled and lots pics , could possibly advise you which way to go .
Adding another shift kit may well just complicate things more .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts