Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attempting to connect my parking brake cables and something just isn't right.
The front cable should connect to the transmission crossmember but judging by the bubble gum welding and torch marks this isn't factory.

Does someone have a picture of what the proper crossmember should look like?

I found this on ebay but I'm not sure if it's correct for a 62 country sedan.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261111098500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1414

The engine in my car isn't original so I'm guessing the po hacked and slashed the crossmember to make the 351m fit.

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
It probably has a C6 transmission in it? Which is why the hack job. If you get the correct crossmember which the one you posted appears correct, you will have to do some mods to bolt the transmission up. Not sure on the 'kit' or adaptor that Crites sells for this if it also works for '62 wagons or not as i'm not that familiar with '62. But would sure look better and you will have something to connect the brake to. The C6 is mounted a little further back than the original.

Somone here that has done it will have more input.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The EvilBay photo presents the correct appearance but it is listed for a 59 BIRD which was a uni-body.

The one you need is unique to 61/62 FORD only- C1AA 5027-A.

You can most likely make another year fit but a straight bolt-in requires the above. If a C6, you will have to modify the trans mount as mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts