Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 1972 GRAN TORINO WITHA 357 CLEVELAND. BORED OBVIOUSLY, LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS, AUSSIE HEADS WITH 2.25 INTAKE VALVES, HOLLEY 750, HOLLEY DOMINATOR SINGLE PLANE INTAKE, SVO ROLLER ROCKERS AND A DECNET CAM. I HAVE A 3 SPEED FMX TRANS WITH A 3000 STALL SPEED BY TCI. IM LOOKIKNG TO GO MANUAL AND I AM LEANING TOWARDS THE 4 SPEED TOP LOADER THAT ALL THE FORD CARS GOT BACK THEN. I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND THAT IS MY REASON FOR WRITING THIS TREAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. IM PUTTING A 3.63 ISH REAR END IN ALSO. THE ENGINE MAKES CLOSE TO 600 HORSE, 520 TORQUE AT THE FLYWHEEL. THANKS ALOT.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm in the same boat with my 1973 Gran Torino. I was also thinking of a Top Lloader but then again, with all of the new technology, why not go with a Tremec TKO500 or TKO600? The parts are readily available and they are much lighter than a Top Loader. One sacrifice will be the fact that you lose the "fun factor" with a Tremec. The shifting is smooth and effortless. The Top Loader will test your driving skills, YEAH!

Which ever you decide, do not let money be the deciding factor. That will only make you wish you decided on the other and not what you have.

Let us know which way you go!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts