Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can I fix this I can’t find anything like the bracket online to order or what’s the name of this part - it’s on a 68 Ford galaxie 500 fastback

·
Registered
351 Posts
The posted pictures do not help as I cannot see what the problem is. Could you give us some more detail?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bracket in the first picture has linkage rod going into it that rod keeps coming out every time I drive it like in second one shows that it came out how would I be able to fix it

·
Subscriber
828 Posts
if i remember correctly, the linkage rod should have a small hole in it.
put the rod into the bracket. put a washer on the back side.
put a cotter pin in the hole.

·
Premium Member
'72 Ltd brougham 4dr.
4 Posts
That is transmission kickdown lever or "passing gear" as it is sometimes called; depending on the application,it's either held on w/ a washer followed by a cotter pin looking spring clip( if there's a hole in the lever stud) or if end of stud has a slot in it then it fastens w/ a C clip.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How are your motor mounts? That lever is supposed to be captured between the mount bracket on the frame and the mount bracket on the bell housing. There should be a rubber grommet in the frame mount too. I know on mine, I had to actually remove one of the brackets to get the lever out.

·
Premium Member
'72 Ltd brougham 4dr.
4 Posts
After a closer look at 2nd photo I believe M4m is correct and I ammendment my previous statement.
A better lit photo on a better angle might help somewhat plus a bit more info.on engine/ trans.
In 2nd photo it appears that the bracket has broken away from frame...perhaps from split engine mount?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts