Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone mated one of these to a 351c?
we are about to instal mine its a tko with tko bellhousing ram clutch and proper flywheel and releas bearing an activited by a hydraulic clutch set up the ram clutch set up is for alate model diagram style-i spoke with a ram tec and he assured me this would work an the tranni people also said no problem-last nite a read in one of the sites i would need a plate between bell and tranni? because shaft was to long? i know with some bell you do need a plate but i was told this one was direct bolt any comments or experince would be apperciated-i dont need another delay as we are close to getting this running-or am i thinking to much?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was told a tremec will bolt anywhere a top loader would and I am tring to put a tremec in a 65 mustang and already have a lake wood bellhousing and was told it will bolt right up to it. I dont know yet have got the tremec yet but that is what I have found so far in the researce I have been doing.

lowside

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know the tremec has the same mounting bolt pattern as the toploader. So it will mount with a toploader bellhousing. But I have heard to do this, you have to use a shorter input shaft. The reason being, the toploader bellhousing isn't as deep as the tremec unit. That is what I read in my Mustangs Unlimited catalog. And Dark Horse Performance sells them installed in there kits. Check them out at http://www.darkhorseperformance.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts