Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few days ago about the 393 parts I picked up - I had some custom pistons that I wasn't sure about, I knew they were relieved for a Trick Flow head but not which. Well I call Wiseco and they look up the job# and they tell me these pistons are cut for the older "street heat" head and have a 14 cc dish. Well that's cool but I don't know much about these heads. I see where they have 192cc intake runners and that sounds about right and they are supposed to work well at lower rpms. The exhaust ports are raised 3/4" so I need special headers. Can I get these to fit in a '67 four speed mustang? I hear these are an inline valve head is the valve angle the same as an AFR head then? I know it's crazy to build an engine around a set of pistons (nice pistons though). I do like the fact that the street heats are available for less than 1200 bucks a set. Thoughts?

·
Registered
398 Posts
You also may want to double check that your pistons will fit the new high ports, they should but best to check first. A new set of high ports should be ported for best results, summit sells them already cnc'd from TEA and they can handle a 393 and then some. Headers will most likey need to be custom....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts