Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the saga starts. I got my twisted wedge heads upper and lower intake there stage 1 cam push rods and rockers. I also got new lifters and sub frame connectors and Comp. Engineering drag shocks all the way around. The car already has underdrives BBK long tubes Borjla exh. 3.55 gears No A/C or smog everything is going on the car tonight and the rest of the week. anyone have any thoughts or tips and tricks or what you think it will run in the 1/4 its a 1992 LX 5.0 5-speed. I hope everything goes well and i hope to post some pics as I go along.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way i could give you my specs and tell me what mine should be at. Or tell me where to get desktop dyno for free

·
Registered
90 Posts
Give me all your specs on what you got including cam profile & lift hydraulic or roller ext, rocker arm ratio, bore & stroke, carb or throttle body size, intake, size header,and compression ratio. I will plug this info in and see what you got.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well here is the Cam Specs
Valve Setting Intake: .000 in.
Valve Setting Exhaust: .000 in.
Advertised Duration (Degrees): 275 intake/279 exhaust
Duration at .050 in. Lift (Degrees): 221 intake/225 exhaust
Camshaft Lift: .312 in. intake/.319 in. exhaust
Valve Lift with 1.6 Rocker Arms: .499 in. intake/.510 in. exhaust
Lobe Seperation (Degrees): 112
Intake Cam Timing at .050 in. Valve Lift:
Opens 3 degrees BTDC
Closes 38 degrees ABDC
Max lift: 108 degrees ATDC
Exhaust Cam Timing at .050 in. Valve Lift:
Opens 49 degrees BBDC
Closes 4 degrees BTDC
Max lift: 116 degrees BTDC

i have a 65mm throttle body with stock 302 bottom end. 1 5/8 inch long tube bbk with trick flow upper and trick flow twisted wedge heads. 3.55 gears underdrive pulleys 1.6 roller rockers 19lb injectors no smog no AC FMS lifters and trick flow harded push rods. not 100% sure the compression its stock 92 302 with the trick flow heads

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I need to know what the cfm is on the throttle body is. Then I can plug it in and tell you what you got. Another thing to do is go with a bigger T body. That will help alot.

P.S. Did you check out that site?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tricky on 3/24/02 9:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know what the CFM is on the throttle body i know that its madde by MAC 65mm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i saw the site its nice. you have almost exactly what i have!!!!! I have a stock bottom end. How much nitrous you think i should run?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its not my site. Its a friend of mine. I will see if I can get those flow numbers. I think it around 375hp @ 6500 and 356lbs @5000 I will be more accrate with the right flow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you use AOL IM id like to chat with you is those numbers what your car does or what mine should probably turn. I was hoping to get some help on a few things and our cars or coming to be quite similar.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man. so do you think i could hook up and talk to the guy who has almost the esact same motor i have and see if he could help me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts