Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Tricking out a Mark III

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  71LincMK3 
I have the same car for 5 years now.I can give you some infos:
If its all original you have the 365hp engine with 10.5 compression.
The timing chain is set OK from the factory.The rearend is a 3.00 31spline tracklock 9inch!Not too bad.
I did a lot to the engine,but the best things by far was to get rid of the air pump that pumps in the back of the heads and adding an aftermarket carb.If you rebuild the motorcraft carb it will still be dead lean,causing detonation and heat up.Too small jets and absolutly no pump shot.You will also need a breakerless ignition of some kind as the 460 doesn't like to run long on points(endless trouble).An edelbrock intake will save a lot of weight,but the performance of the orig.4barrel intake is the same as the Eddy Performer.Adding an pertronix ignitor to the orig dizzy will be easy and let you keep the stock timing curve.Which is critical due to very high compression.Aftermarket or later 460 dizzy can cause ping in stock form(too much advance!)The exhaust is dual wich is nice,but the 4mufflers are killing the engine.2 good 2 chambers after the h-pipe will really wake her up.
Oh yeah,and:MustangIII front springs will lift the rear and stabilize the car very nice.Very importend with that kind of torque,hahaha...
Have fun,
Olli
P.S:Mine comes frome Dallas..

460 D0VE-C,TorkerII,800DP,3.9s+Spool "The Luxury Monster"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 71LincMK3 on 5/3/06 9:12am ]</font>

If i remember right the regulator is on the right(drivers) side under the nice technical data plate.But thats a long time ago,since i run a 100amp bosch from the yard(mercedes,LOL).Think i just left the thing wherever it is,haha..I sryed it black and put some painted SS rims on it last year.8x15 with 275/60 is a perfect fit in the back.
Do you have some pics?
Olli

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.