Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

trim problem

793 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KULTULZ 
#1 ·
I am marching forward on my 67 Galaxie. I am at the point of refinishing the trim. I finally got the grill looking good after much sanding and polishing. My question/ problem is I can not seem to find replacement plastic trim holders. They are plastic and will still work but are VERY brittle. I have looked at all the normal sites and can find 66 and 71 and a few other years. I can not be the only one in need of these. Where can I find these or does anyone have a fix for these if they don't hold up through the restoration?

P.S. I just got my bumps back from tri city plating. very nice work. I can not wait to put them on.

#3 ·
mrgusa is a good site. didn't have what I need now but plan to look at other items. Justclips.com is NOT a site for fasteners. Beware naughty site. :) I googled just clips and there are a number of good sites.

I will let you know where or if I find them.

#5 ·
As a former Ford parts/body shop manager, this company: Au-Ve-Co, by far, had some of thee best fitting, and deep coverage on o.e. trim clips, retainers, fasteners, etc in the aftermarket clip biz:

Auveco Products - Automotive, Industrial and Specialty Fasteners

If you can't buy from them direct, try them for a local distributor in your area....usually a body shop supply house, or even your local Ford dealer (IF they still have a body shop).

I worked for Ford 'til 2000 and we STILL had clips at the back counter for 1960s cars. Just sayin'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.