Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Tripower PCV question.

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Cruisin63 
#1 ·
So someone blocked the PCV on the back of the intake with a flat plate. The car stinks at low speeds and occasionally puffs out the hood vents at stops. I'm wanting to know if the stock plate back there is a screw in PCV, or what. If so, is it just pipe thread? I'd like to pull the plate they put on and machine it, but need to know if it is grommet or screw in.

Thanks!

Oh also, I know there is a search function. Couldn't find a simple answer. Not after draft tube, valve cover, vacuum pumps etc. Just the stock setup.

Double thanks!

#4 ·
The stock setup is a stamped steel plate with a bung in the center. It uses a rubber hose that come up, makes a loop, then enters the PCV valve before going into a 45* fitting in the intake under the rear carb.

#7 ·
Well, should have been easy, but it immediately fell into the hole. Luckily I was able to grab it with my fingers. The fit was so loose it just came right through the hole with no effort or tools.

So looks like after all that, I am going to have to do a little non-original arrangement anyway. The car has a C6 and uses a vacuum modulator. I'll have to put a tee in the intake as it doesn't seem to have any manifold vacuum ports.

Stupid PCV is special order. So much for having this done today.

#8 ·
Can of worms time. How do I know the stock PCV will work right if the engine internals are not stock? If the PCV has to be a certain one, how will I know which? If it really matters that much, how do the ones from Summit that are universal in a nice aluminum body work for any application?

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.