Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their trunk pan with one of the ones on ebay or other sites that claim to make a replacement trunk pans? I saw one that measured 41" x 41", and it looked like it would fit properly. I have a '61 Starliner and my trunk is pretty much gone, would any early sixties Galaxie trunk pan work or do I need to find one for my year? Or should I just have a cutsom one made?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
My '61 Starliner's trunk is gone as well. Previous owner actually replaced it but just used plain sheet metal and it looks terrible. Luckily I have a '61 Town Sedan with a good trunk floor i can cut out. I believe 61 to 64 are very similar. I have not heard any feedback on the Ebay pans.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The ebay pans I have seen only address the lowest (center) part of the floor and most of the time you will need more than that. And if the floor is gone the bracing cross member will likely be toast to.
If you can find a 61 or 62 Galaxie either two or four door the trunk floor will be the same. The Galaxies did not have as much trouble with floors as the Starliner because the rear glass is more protected so not as much water gets into them.
The 61 fairlane floor is also the same and will fit the Starliner. 60 and 63/64 are different floor pans.

Scott...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts