Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Finally! I got back to the track, here's the result still more left in it and running the stock 5.0 cam and stock 3.08 gears.....

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WF7TGWK7l6U?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Nice. Are you getting some det at the top-end?

David

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
PSIG = not that I can detect, still running good fuel and an MSD6BTM the thing about this outing was the car was running an average of 9.8:1 AFR during the pass!!

I'm betting a little less jet could have it in the 10s with no trouble, but now I want to hit the 125mph mark *sigh*.

Jetfixr320 & safexcrane = thx

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
OK, I couldn't tell the smoke color in the video lighting. 9.8? Damn. You'll get 10's and 125+ pulling about 2.5 AFR out of it. If you're running good fuel, your BTM should not have much retard either. Maybe 3-4° near redline, if that. Read a couple plugs every run. Every run. The retard is most useful for avoiding det with pump gas, so if you have plenty of octane, you'll gain a lot right there as well as keeping the valves much cooler. Extra rich and retarded will cook your valves and seats, and can easily overheat your turbines. Also, open those plug gaps. It's good to run safe, but you're on the edge of too safe for the engine's good.

David

[EDIT] BTW - what's your shift RPM and what psi there?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
All passes thus far are all at 10 psi, stock cam, and stock 3.08 gears. Since the head swap I raised shift RPM from 5500 to 6000. oh yeah it in the 10s now as shown below....

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YiiurGdet18?list=UUuJq3oa5PPBtFJn66VEfLvg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
I can never remember what way to post videos on each site! lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts